Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Swept Away

I have to admit I wept. Tears of happiness for so many reasons. I was happy for change first and foremost. For change that will effect my children's tomorrow. For history that has happened before our very eyes. For all that hope we are carrying around with us today. I wept because I feel relief not only that this long election process is over but it turned out the way I had hoped it would in 2000 and 2004. It finally happened! That my state Indiana went BLUE people for the first time in FORTY FREAKING YEARS! I am proud that I was part of that change. I am glad that as my son said yesterday was "Barack Obama Day" but more so it is America's day.

Now I must go try to get some sleep, was up all night with my insane non sleeping three year old and the sick three month old. Happy but tired :)
Post a Comment