Tuesday, December 9, 2008

All I Want For Christmas Are My Two Front Teeth...

Zzzzzzzzzz... wha?! Oh did I drift off a bit? Yes, I sure did. Why do you ask? I remembered one of the things about wee tots that I strongly disliked but conveniently forgot... TEETHING. Oh. MI. GAWD. Shoot me now.

It started out slowly over the weekend. I scratched my head all weekend wondering why on earth was Marisa eating me out of house and home (or out of all of the boob juice but um TMI, right?!) (This also reminds me that I need to write a post about the lack of milk this time around...) And a sleep schedule? What is that? Yes, she did sleep 4-6 hours at a clip. Now? Mmm not so much. Woe is me. SLEEP BABY SLEEP I kept screaming in my mind's eye. But she would not.

Along came Monday and the poor little girlie, her cheeks were BRIGHT red. Like the color of Kevin's neck when he says something silly and gets embarrassed. What? You never noticed his neck does this? Say something to embarrass him then watch his neck. It is a bit like a party favor! Weee!

Any who, where was I? OH so she was miserable. She would not sleep and when she did sleep she was waking up screaming at the top of her lungs. I never knew that a baby could cry with the pacifier still between her lips but she can and did. All Miss Marisa wanted to was eat/nurse and chew on everything available. We have this dolphin "doll" and the end of its nose was a favorite along with fingers, knuckles, blankets, the end of my nose (I am kidding about that last one... sort of.) This continued on throughout the day yesterday.

Ashley was out of milk and so Kevin and I called it a day and went home. She was SO tired but would not sleep. She just look miserable and angry and tired. I was also tired, like zombie walking tired. Like I did not even laugh at any of my favorite Monday night sitcoms. I was ready for bed at 9:00p but Marisa was up. Unhappy, tired and angry and UP. Thank goodness for Kevin who took the first shift and let me sleep. He held her from 9:00p until 1:00a. I went into to feed her around 1:30a maybe and she much much much more settled. The rest of the "night" was better. I was up one other time to feed her at the usual 4:30a time slot but she went right back to sleep and slept until 6:30a or so (this kid can go a long time between feedings but she does these little cluster feedings - like 1:30 to 4:30 but then the next time she ate was almost 8:00a?! Weird.)

How on earth could I have forgotten those first teeth? The misery of those early days which turn into weeks and months of teething HELL. Matthew started teething around this time as well but did not cut a single took until TWO months later. NOW I remember why I was so dang tired!

So we have officially moved into new territory. How to make the baby sleep even when she is teething. And also sleep when she is sleeping again because it may be the only sleep I get. Also, it's a good thing she is cute and a keeper because man teething really sucks.
Post a Comment