Friday, July 17, 2009

Just Tired

On Wednesdays, Matthew has swim class. By the end of the day in the middle of the week, he is generally a tired little bear. He loves swim class and is very VERY happy to see his friends (whom he misses and his mommy is horrible at setting up play dates so if you are looking for a play date we are open to it & just because his mommy never asks does not mean she does not think about it... at 2:00 in the morning which is not an entirely appropriate time to call, at least I - err she - does not think it is! She is just saying y'all...)

Any who, so this past Wednesday evening as we made dinner Matthew lost his stuff per the usual on Wednesday. Excitement + Tired = TIME OUT in our house. So he had a crying fit and a time out. Than he ate dinner and we got in the car to go to swim class.

In the car, Matthew had a HUGE loud yawn, sighed and said to me "Mommy I know what the problem was..."

Me: "Problem with what Matthew?"

Matthew: "Why I was not listening earlier."

Me: "Oh yeah why?"

Matthew: "I was tired - that's why."

Me: "Hmmm..." (to myself: YOU DON'T SAY!?)

I am loving this age thus far!
Post a Comment