Monday, February 8, 2010

In the beginning...

I begin my official training for the half marathon today. Unofficially, I started last week. And I get a week off for the most part next week but this is the day I start. I am mainly feeling excited about the training with a side of trepidation. I am taking it slow and easy. I plan to listen to my body every step of the way and adjust my training as needed. While I have a goal in mind for the Mini I am not about to hurt myself to achieve anything. I ran 3 miles, 4 miles, 3 miles and 4 miles last week. I did not lift weights at all opting for a slow start to everything before packing on all the other stuff. I am working on my diet this week as well. I have been reading some different information about running which has helped remind that running just to run is fine but if I am training I need to listen to my body, put the right things in my body food/supplement wise and be good to myself overall.
Post a Comment