Friday, March 19, 2010

Hot Hands

The past couple of week's worth of runs has been positive.  I am sore a lot and obviously tired.  I have some nagging aches and pains that seem to be problematic but I am working through them. 

I have done the following runs this week (Sat through Friday):
3 miles
8 miles
rest
4 miles
40 min Tempo
3 miles with strength (basically I do the circuit of Cybex machines 2 x 15 reps, 12 reps with light weight - I am not trying to get BUFF or anything like that!)

This weekend is rest, rest (possible easy run?) and 10k RACE.  I will not be doing a 10k race - just a 10k run.  This is kind of scary.  I plan to run it fast and hard and I plan to do it outside come hell or high water (or rain as the case may be which rain sounds better than the snow they were talking about earlier this week!) 

I was hoping to do more strength training during this training process.  And while I am disappointed I have not been doing that I am proud to be getting the training part done.  Git er done as a coach of mine used to scream at the top of his lungs each morning at 5:00 AM.  And one wonders why I have so many issues!?

I have discovered happily that the Black Eyed Peas is THE best music to run to ever.  Imma Be BEST SONG EVER INVENTED FOR RUNNING EVA!  I still cannot bring myself to buy a Ke$ha song.  Though I have to admit that I did some research on this girl and did you know that while I think she is a bit skanky she "achieved near perfect SAT scores" before dropping out of HS to pursue music?!  But this actually kind made me like her more.  She has "expressed frustration at the double standard for the objectification of women in songs. Thus, in songs such as "Boots and Boys", she makes it a point to sing the same way men traditionally sang about women" (all info courtesy of Wiki - Google it.)  It made me like her A LOT more.  Maybe... maybe it will be on the running play list!

Any who, I have to give big props to my newish running shoes I have.  I did the whole go to the running store to get suggestions on the best shoe for me thing.  It was well worth the time to do this!  I am using the Adidas Supernova Glide which appears to have dropped even more in price!  I love them.  I ought to buy another pair for down the road at that price! 

The reason we settled on these had to do with support for my high arches.  I could wear these without orthotic supports which made me happy.  I was not a fan of Adidas on the whole.  In fact, I fractured my elbow in part because of pair of Adidas shoes (well that and my own stupidity but whose counting here, not me!)  In fact, prior to the elbow breaking incident of yesteryear Adidas was always my fav so I was not surprised when these turned out to be the best for me.  They even kept my feet relatively dry when I ran in the cold rainy spray the other day!  Bonus.

I was filled with bad assery the other day when I ran outside in the cold and rain.  I was layered up to the nines.  The only negative: my ass was freezing.  I wore a running hat versus a winter hat and was super glad I did.  The hat kept the rain out of my face and I was not steaming hot from the hat, as I would have been with the winter hat.  I work mitts too which drove me insane.  Every time I ran into the cutting wind I was had to put them (and wipe my runny nose) and every time I had the wind at my back I had to take them off.  I cannot tolerate hot hands.

If you made it this far through my very exciting running report, the weekend is here!  YEAH!  The kids are off to the Children's museum today with Ashley and Rudy, Kevin and I are leaving work a bit early to enjoy some time with them and the sunshine/warmth before it turns cold again.  I am meeting a girlfriend for drinks/dessert this evening (MUCH needed). Matthew and I have a party to attend this weekend.  AND lawd help me I plan to clean the house this weekend.  It is GNARLY!  And, of course, run.  Hope your weekend in FAB-ulous. 

BIG SHOUT OUT TO KELLY!  Happy 30th Girl!  Have a ball!!!
Post a Comment