Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Drift Away

Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.

This one is hard because there are a lot of people like that in my life.  I am a wall builder.  I take things personally and I am very bad at letting things go.  I do not want to get hurt so rather then grow too many close friendships I tend to run in the other direction when I feel that someone could possibly maybe do harm to me, my feelings, blah dee blah. 

Dude these are depressing to read, I bet?!

Any who, so there is this whole crowd of people I did not want to let go of in California.  Friends from swimming that I knew for years, that I grew up with and adored, that made me a better me.  When I moved to the Midwest, it just lent itself to drift-age.  It always made me terribly sad to have lost some of those people from my world.  They mostly made me better and I think if I had stayed friends with those people my world would only be richer today.
Post a Comment