Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dreaming

I am dreaming about sitting on a sun drenched beach listening to the seagulls and the roar of the ocean.

I am dreaming about darkening my hair, dark black with auburn in it.

I am dreaming of standing on our deck together with a beer in my hand as the heat drifts away into the evening dusk.

I am dreaming about running again with the wind and sun on my face and then on my back.

I am dreaming of finding my way.

I am dreaming of growing into the person I know I can be.

I am dreaming of him as he was the day he was born, so small in my arms, smelling that sweet baby smell.

I am dreaming of her and how she will look in a year, ten years, 20 years, more...

I am dreaming of our lives today and tomorrow and yesterday.

I am dreaming that 11 years ago I did not meet him and none of this dreaming would be possible the way it is today.

I am grateful.
***
From my current favorite band, Mumford and Sons. 
Their song, Winter Winds, resonates with me right now
"But if your strife strikes at your sleep
Remember spring swaps snow for leaves
You'll be happy and whole again
When the city clears and sun ascends
And my head told my heart
Let love grow"
Post a Comment