Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Musical Pace

When I run by myself, I generally need music mostly because the run is taking place on the treadmill and/or the track. 

I guess I generally run races with music on too.  I could not understand how people could run with music on but now I do both. I have run races with and without.  It doesn't bother me a whole lot either way to do a race with or without the music. 

A few things about the music below.  The stuff I usually like is definitely not what I like to run to.  In fact I have tried running to some of the music I used to listen to back when I swam that used to pump me up like Floyd, Zeppelin, 80-90s alternative rock type music and none of that works.  Now it seems like rap is what helps me run... Weird.  And some pop but it has to be certain sounding pop music.  Seemingly the more explicit the better!?  Again WEIRD!

I do tend to find songs I like and generally stick with them so many of these songs have been played (according to iTunes) 50-100 times.  Now I will say that some of those songs are on multiple play lists so they are likely being listened to during the day (obviously the NON-explicit songs) like Pearl Jam and Florence and the Machine.  Most of this music is just for my ears.  The little people in our house are not privy to this play list!

Anyway, as I am contemplating my marathon training schedule, I am trying to find music to add and develop this list further... it will probably look really different come April 2012 but for now this is what is working!  One thing that I resisted but now I love: Wiz Kahlifa and Nicki Minaj!  Heh.

Enjoy.  Add. Comment.
'Till I Collapse Eminem & Nate Dogg
I Wanna Go Britney Spears
Roman's Revenge Nicki Minaj & Eminem
Black and Yellow Wiz Khalifa
Drop the World Lil Wayne & Eminem
Love the Way You Lie (feat. Rihanna) EminemStronger Kanye West
Carry Out (feat. Justin Timberlake) Timbaland
Not Afraid Eminem
The Cave Mumford & Sons
Party On Fifth Ave. Mac Miller
Cold Wind Blows Eminem
The Edge of Glory Lady GaGa
Fly Nicki Minaj & Rihanna
Bloodbuzz Ohio The National
Make Some Noise Beastie Boys
Shake It Out Florence + The Machine
After The Storm Mumford & Sons
No Love (feat. Lil Wayne) Eminem
Don't Stop (Color On the Walls) Foster the People
Skinny Love  Bon Iver
Nonstop Disco Powerpack Beastie Boys
Just Can't Get Enough The Black Eyed Peas
Just Breathe Pearl Jam
Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall Coldplay
Rolling In the Deep Adele
Dog Days Are Over Florence + The Machine
Imma Be Black Eyed Peas
The Way It Goes Gillian Welch
Telephone Lady GaGa & Beyoncé
She's Long Gone The Black Keys
Little Lion Man Mumford & Sons
Movie Loves a Screen April Smith and the Great Picture Show
Look At Miss Ohio Gillian Welch
My Body Young the Giant
Fake Empire The National Boxer
Rude Boy Rihanna
Howlin' for You The Black Keys
Sway Heartless Bastards
I Gave You All Mumford & Sons
Umbrella (feat. Jay-Z) Rihanna
Baby Blue Dave Matthews Band
Boom Boom Pow Black Eyed Peas
Post a Comment