- I ran 13 miles on Saturday afternoon... shit (so UNintentional I swear...) I cannot even remember if that is the right amount of mileage!?
- My poor running partner was very patient as I had to stop twice to use the facilities plus a few slow walks because my gawd I felt rotten.
One stop at the port oh potty and once at a BURGER KING.
- That second one was somewhat humiliating, I must admit.
- I thought 'wow this running in the afternoon thing really sucks hinny..." Oh my how puny!
- Then I discovered that lo, I had some kind of stomach flu that than rather simply raging in my tummy was only raging in my INTESTINES.
- For three days and three nights, my gut raged.
- I ran last night for the first time since "the rage". I was scared. I did not feel like raging any longer.
- I successfully and happily completed four miles without any rage.
- It actually felt great.
- It helped to have a kick ass b-ball game on the television to watch!
- This might be a good time to mention, I am "better" from the sinus infection and finished the antibiotics and yet? the cough persists.
- This has been the winter from hell for me.
- K squarely blamed my being sick from marathon training... I could not even object.
- I am supposed to ramp up my mileage this week to: 4m, 8m, 4m, and 18m = 34m
- 18 seems so impossible and might remind my gut of "the rage"
- I shall ignore my tummy and tell my head I CAN DO IT!
- Which reminds me, I read a running blog and there was a girl who wrote a piece recently who spoke of her love for mileage. She even ran a half marathon SIX MONTHS PREGNANT. I was amazed. I have to admit I was proud of the days when I was pregnant and I remembered to drink a few full glasses of water a day... HA!
- I have been switching off shoes between the new and older pair with positive results.
- I still need to work on getting to bed on time and eating better.
- Those are hard things for me to achieve.
- I desperately wanted wedges and I found these on... wait for it... freaking Pinterest! Yup.Pinterest. I love them so much they are worth mentioning here.
Crapstatic phone pic from work
I am pretty sure my co-workers
wonder what the hell
I keep taking photos of
whilst sitting down at my desk!
- That is all I have. The crappy new shoes photo will have to be enough to hold you over until my next running post, mmm kay?