Saturday, July 7, 2012

Lost and Found

I keep trying to get on track with my life.  Work continues to knock me on my ass.  Literally, proverbially, you name it.  It sucks. I am not here to retell that lame story again.

I do want to say that when my shitty work situation starts to edge into how my life is with my kids and K as well as running then I just get pissed off.  The past few weeks running and home have taken a backseat to work drama and is just fucking lame. 

I want to keep my family life happy and my running life happy.  I want to keep reading books and start writing again (here and in general).  I want to still get crafty in 2012 and get back to thrifting again.  There a ton of other things I could say that I want to do this year. 

I do not want my work life to define this year like it has in so many years past.  That is bull shit.

I cannot even remember where I left off running wise.  I was doing a pretty good job of running three week days and both weekend days.  I know this week I only ran twice during the week and once (today-Saturday) with plans to run tomorrow.

I ran a 5k last weekend.  I did pretty well, had a PR (23:14) but later learned the course was bit short.  Oh well.  I will take a PR none the less!  I got first in my age group, I was the 7th fastest woman out of 192 people (runners/walkers combined) and I finished like 32 or something like that... It was hot run. 

Hot is the key word here.  It has been desert hot here.  Like it was hotter here last week than Death Valley a few days!  I refuse to be to hard on myself for this past week.  It was PMS week which lately means I am exhausted beyond words plus the work crap plus the 100 plus weather every day.  I was under motivated to run.  I think the thing I keep reminding myself of during these kinds of weeks is that I need to listen to my body and it was saying take a break and relax and I did.  Oh did I mention both children have regressed in their sleeping and we have been playing musical beds the past week or so?  What is that??  Bah.

The runs I did have included
Wednesday July 4th (outside): it was like 100 when I left the house at 9:00pm
3 miles - slow
Friday July 6th (inside): Y treadmill
3.5 miles - 6.5 for most of the run, it was okay, my ankle hurt, I hate the mill.
Saturday July 7th (inside): Y track
4 miles - best run by far in a long old time, I did speed/pace work, it was fun and fast
Sunday July 8th (outside): trail
plan is to run 5 miles, we shall see if we can get through it!

I was going to try to do this cross country type run today but I decided it was in my best interest not too.  I get uber dizzy and really sick with a nasty headache when I run in the heat.  We will be off on summer adventure #2 next week so I will not be around to run any races until the third weekend in July.  I believe I am going to do that one then I think the next race after that is in August and I plan to run almost every weekend in August.

Still chasing that goal of under 22 in the 5.  Even if I do not get there, it is fun to chase the goal.  I do want to say that I am amazed.  I knew when I was training for the marathon my body was a wreck.  It was tough on me mentally and physically but the aftermath of running the marathon has been amazing when it comes to training.  I just have more, I kick it up a notch when I want to most of the time and I generally just run a faster pace.  I am stronger and more confident.  It has been an unexpected positive side effect of training like that.

I have gained five pounds since training for the marathon which means I am not a full 15 pounds over what I want to be weight wise.  Gaw... I started the month of July off with a goal of not drinking the entire month.  I just wanted to see if it made a difference. It probably would if... I did not replace junk food for beer!  HA.  I guess I should be cutting beer and ice cream?  Oh well.  It is refreshing to just not drink for a bit.  We shall see if I can do the entire month without a drink given the current state of my life! 

To wrap it up, my running goals for the next two weeks:
Monday: 3 miles
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 4miles
Thursday: Off
Friday: Off
Saturday: Off (if I can 3 miles)
Sunday Off (if I can 3 miles)
Monday: Off
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 3.5 miles
Thursday: 4 miles
Friday: Off
Saturday: 5k race
Post a Comment